The winner of the Story to Screen Awards will be guided through the screenwriting process, from the first page to the completion of a feature length screenplay, with an eye toward producing the writer's script as a micro-budget feature film. Action On Film will present $25,000 toward the production of the completed script, as approved and produced by Kleer Bros. Entertainment. Please read all of the information below to learn more about the Awards and how to submit.
We are looking for new writers who have not yet had a script produced as a feature film. Any genre of story may be entered, but bear in mind that we are seeking character driven stories that can be produced on a very small budget, stories that rely more on emotional interactions than on special effects, grand scale pageantry, or elaborate costumes or set construction. Bring us a story from the heart and for the heart, something that illuminates the struggles and passions of the human spirit, something that can be captured in a contemporary setting with small cast and crew, and something that can result in a film of lasting beauty. We look forward to reading your stories!
1. Storytellers interested in applying for the Kleer Bros. Story to Screen Awards should prepare a single PDF file consisting of a one sentence logline of their story, a synopsis of 1000 words or less, an artistic statement of 750 words or less, and a brief personal bio. Submissions must be written in English. Descriptions of all items in the submission package can be found HERE.
2. Entries will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. The final deadline for entry is May 31, 2018. No entries will be accepted after May 31, 2018!
3. Each entry will be reviewed by Kleer Bros. Entertainment. By June 30, 2018 ten storytellers will be selected as Semi-Finalists. If you are a Semi-Finalist you will contacted by email to notify you of your selection (please make sure your email is current!) and to arrange for a Skype session with Kirk Ryde. Please allow at least 30 minutes for this Skype session, during which you will have the opportunity to tell us more about yourself and your dreams as a writer, talk about the importance of your story to yourself and to the world, and to ask any questions you may have about the Story to Screen Awards.
4. After speaking by Skype with the ten Semi-Finalists, we will annouce the selection of five Finalists. This announcement will be made no later than July 31, 2018. These five finalists will be the official Nominees for the Kleer Bros. Story to Screen Awards.
5. The winner of the Kleer Bros. Story to Screen Awards will be announced at AOF MEGAFest 2018.
Immediatly following AOFMegafest 2018, you will enter into Phase One of the Story to Screen Awards which is the writing of a feature length screenplay. Kirk Ryde will guide you through the screenwriting process, with the goal of helping you write a world class screenplay that can be produced on a very small budget. Kirk will mentor you using the same principles taught to him by his professors at UCLA where Kirk earned his MFA in Film and Television and won the Jack Nicholson Award for Screenwriting. You will be expected to complete your screenplay no later than December 1, 2018. If you write with passion and persistence, you can achieve the goal!
After you have completed your feature length screenplay, Kleer Bros. Entertainment will evaluate the script with an eye toward proceeding to Phase Two of the Story to Screen Awards, which is to produce a micro-budget feature film based on the script. At that time, Kleer Bros. will have the opportunity to make an offer to purchase your screenplay. The offer, if made, will be a one time buyout of $1,000 US. You may accept or decline this offer. If you accept the offer and sell your script to Kleer Bros. Entertainment, then Phase Two begins. Action On Film will present $25,000 toward production costs, and we're on our way toward creating a film of lasting beauty!
1. I hereby warrant that the written work I am submitting to the Kleer Bros. Story to Screen Awards is wholly original and written only by me, the rights to which are owned entirely and exclusively by me. I further warrant that this work is not encumbered by any other party, nor does it infringe on the rights of any other party.
2. I hereby warrant that I have read and understand the Submission & Selection Process, Writing Process, and Filmmaking Process described above, and I agree to all of the stipulations of those processes as stated above.
3. I hereby warrant that I am at least 18 years of age, and that I am legally empowered to enter the Story to Screen Awards, and to participate in the Processes described above if selected. I also warrant that I have received a Password from Action On Film which allows me to enter.
4. I hereby indemmify and hold harmless Kleer Bros. Entertainment from any claim or action regarding any written work submitted by me; further, I indemnify and hold harmless Kleer Bros. Entertainment from any claim or action regarding the Submission & Selection Process, Writing Process, or Filmmaking Process.
5. I understand that at the conclusion of Phase One of the Awards (The Writing Process), Kleer Bros. Entertainment shall have the first right of refusal to make an offer to purchase my completed screenplay for a total price of $1,000 US. If this offer is made, I may decline it or accept it; if I decline the offer then Phase Two of the Awards will not occur; if I accept the offer then Phase Two begins and Kleer Bros. Entertainment will produce a micro-budget feature film based on my script.
6. I understand and acklowledge that any agreement between myself and Kleer Bros. Entertainment related to the Story to Screen Awards shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, USA.
7. By clicking on the "I AGREE" link below, I warrant that I have read and agree to all of the Terms and Conditions stated above.